The Bridge Centers

The Bridge Centers
Empowering Empaths, Modern Meditation, Intuitive Sessions

Monday, February 5, 2018

Raising Empathic Children

As if parenting wasn't hard enough, I have to go and throw being an empath in there too! GAWD! I know. I know. I KNOW! But this is a topic we need to look at and we can all thank a dear reader (Empathic Adam) for bringing it up to me in chat. **Side note: I LOVE when you guys message me and give feedback on the blog. Feel free!** Anyhow! As I was saying, it's f&cking hard to be a parent! It's really friggin hard to be an empathic parent. And it's CRAZY hard to be an empathic parent raising empathic kids. Cry with the baby much? I do!

Let me just put this out there. I have three AMAZING kids and the older two are definitely empaths. The eldest (11) is absolutely swamped with it, whereas the middle child (10) seems to naturally filter effortlessly. The youngest is still a baby, so we shall wait and see what happens there lol (oh God save me). Aaaaand YES! Empathic sibling rivalry does exist. I know you were wondering. Seriously. Do you know the struggle of breaking up an argument between two empathic kids, both going for the most cutting remarks they can feel out, and then consoling them when they cry about the words they chose later on? If you're nodding, you're my people.

Empathic kids are GREAT and empathic kids raised by empathic parents is friggin awesomely great. Think about it. Who better to raise empaths? Who better to help them develop and control their gifts than people who've been through it? I can't think of anyone better who would lead them in love as much as we do. So, let's take a moment to breathe and remember that we have a job to do and we are kicking ass at it. We are lightworkers raising lightworkers and we know what we're doing..... stop shaking your head. No? Stop it. I said stop it. LEAVE YOUR SISTER ALONE! Sorry. I had a flashback. Anyhow. Back to you. Stop shaking your head at me. You do know that you're doing. You know that what they're experiencing is real. You urge them to look within and you help them trust themselves with their gifts.

I've created a little list here of things to remember when raising your little empaths. I hope it helps and I hope you find it beneficial, if not today then some other time.

-Treat them with respect so they will also treat others with respect. You set the example for what an empath looks like and how humanity should behave.
-Believe them when they tell you what they have experienced and ask questions. What did the spirit look like? Did you see anything in your mind? Did you smell anything? What did it feel like? This helps your child know they can come to you and trust you; that you understand them. We all know what it's like to not be believed or understood. Asking questions aids in the development and control of their gifts. If you run out of questions, ask them if there's anything else they'd like to tell you or ask if there's anything else they felt. It will go far.
-Focus on the positive. I've seen parents give in to fear with their kids and, in turn, frighten the kids into ignoring/pushing down their gifts. Is negative energy a thing? Yes. Is it powerful? No. It's only as powerful as we give it license to be and let's remember that lower energies do not stand a chance in this "new" energy.
-Teach them how to emit, not shield. We're keeping things positive and we're teaching them to harness their power. We want them to be empowered, not fearful. Right?
-Teach them that they feel more because they are the connection between humanity, Gaia, and Spirit. Telling them they're sponges or that it's a curse leads to the victim complex. Again, are we raising victims or empowered empaths?
-Remind them that it's all energy and can't really hurt them. Yes, emotions can hurt, but it does not last. The emotions are felt, honored and acknowledge, and then they wane. We don't pack up and move into them. Remind your kids this and give them positive ways of getting out the emotional energy - creating, running, playing, etc.
-Get them involved! No good comes from a hermit, maladjusted empath. How are you supposed to be a lightworker if people think you're a crazy weirdo and they can't stand to be around you? Empaths are double agents. We blend in, yet lead by example. Get your kids into social events, volunteering, and the arts where they can learn, practice their energy tools, and use their gifts.
-Teach them how to meditate and ground. Just start with deep breathing and allow them to lead from there. I think you'll be happily surprised.

Hopefully, this little tidbit makes sense. Remember to message me or leave a comment and I'll be happy to answer as soon as I wrangle the baby into a diaper. XO!





2 comments:

  1. This is an ongoing battle for us, add in the middle child also has some medical diagnosis that make things even more difficult. Whew. Glad to see I’m not alone. Now if we could just explain this special trait to their dad he may cope better �� There are things I LOVE and things that offer super special challenges. My oldest, is torn between the sociopathy from her fathers side and her empath parts and does a great job (in a way) filtering humans but not animals. My middle is beyond sensitive and filtering is impossible-the youngest throws up if we bring him around people so my assumption is that he also is likely to be an empath. Do you use the actual term empath with your children? Do people that know you, know of your gift? Where we are, that is nothing we could share. People, unfortunately, Are very ignorant. I am very aware of many gifts that my whole family has, stemming from the old country, and we were taught to keep our mouths shut for fear of persecution, which, where we live, is still a legitimate fear. I had never considered googling empath, but am glad that I did and glad to find so many others speaking so openly on the subject. I have not read very much of your blog, do you work as well? I find working to be incredibly difficult. I would love to connect with you-on a less public forum! I’ll try and stop back soon and see if you’ve replied. Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Anonymous. It can be QUITE an interesting journey with empathic kids. To answer your questions - I do use the term "empath" with my kids. I also interchange it with "sensitive" and "spiritually inclined" so my kids can have a broad understanding. Yes. I'm very open about my gifts and I explain them to the best of their understanding. Honestly, people usually pick up on it right away and start asking before I can say much lol.

      Some people are ignorant, but that's not a bad thing. They just don't know and their experience (or lack thereof) has taught them how to view the world.

      I'm glad you started looking into "empath." When you ask if I work, yes. I'm not independently wealthy lol.

      If you're on facebook, I'm often found in the group "The Bridge Centers". Hope you're well and enjoying all you're learning!

      Delete