The Bridge Centers

The Bridge Centers
Empowering Empaths, Modern Meditation, Intuitive Sessions

Monday, November 4, 2013

Religion Versus Being An Empath


Recently I saw a question: How do you rectify being an empath with being a Christian. Now those of you that know me know that I am not a fan of organized religion for many reasons. To each their own on that one really, it’s just not for me and not part of my path. But that’s not to say that this isn’t a worthy topic; it very much is. Several religions feel that any “extra” abilities are not from God and go against God. Some even go so far as to believe that it’s all from the Devil or evil. I’m not going to lie, I don’t understand that point of view. I don’t believe in “the Devil” or “hell” per se, I do, however, believe in the evil of man in the human condition that has yet to see or has turned away from the light. That’s the true hell and devil. God made the love, man made the rules to obtain the love. That’s just my two cents; take it or leave it.

Now I could argue this until I’m blue in the face, but really, what would that do? Nothing. I’m not here to change anyone’s mind. I’m not here to tell you what to think. I’m here to teach; to help people find their own divine path. So, I’m going to help you as best I can by asking you a series of questions. The answers are yours, not mine. They are deeply personal. They come from within and are the first thing that pops into your head. Don’t spend too long, don’t debate, and please don’t comment with your personal beliefs. Here, everyone is respected and honored by me and that is how I will keep it.

Is there a God/Universe/Source/some kind of intelligence out there?

Are we a part of that?

Is your soul a piece of that God/Universe/Source/Intelligence?

Is God/Universe/Source/Intelligence benevolent?

Does God/Universe/Source/Intelligence guide us to a divine/light path, but also give us free will to choose whether we take the path or not?

Does God/Universe/Source/Intelligence love us unconditionally?

Is the strongest power ever love?

Is the empathic gift about transmuting and spreading positive, high vibrational energy as well as healing using the love power?

Are the answers firmly rooted in love?

I think you have your answer.

In light and love;

~A

5 comments:

  1. I really like this post. Your questions allow the individual to search for their own answers in a thoughtful way, and will hopefully lead them to better insight.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is the whole point. We all have our own paths with our own ways and our own preferences. We have to find what works for us.

      Delete
  2. I love this post and will be sharing it with others. Very well written and reading this actually gave me peace of mind that the journey I am on is definitely the right one. My whole goal is helping and healing through what I do. It is easy for others to make us feel a certain way about that. But easy as well to decide our individual path is just that. OURS. I also can appreciate all views and whatever anyone wants to believe. Your questions have validated even the slightest question I was having. Thank you for writing this. I wish you best in your journey as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate you taking the time to read and comment. Please, be blessed in everything you do! XO
      ~A

      Delete
  3. OMG, I have been thinking about starting a blog about my life as an empath, just to get the emotional vomit out late at night so I don't feel like i am annoying my friends. I am also a Christian and so this has inspired me to actually do it. I want people, especially other Christians who are empaths to be able to embrace who they are and realize it is a God given gift, especially those who have been in abusive marriages and stayed due to their beliefs. Thank you for inspiring me.

    I would love to use these questions in my blog, I would of course have a link back to the source.

    ReplyDelete