The Bridge Centers

The Bridge Centers
Empowering Empaths, Modern Meditation, Intuitive Sessions

Tuesday, January 16, 2018

New Moon Ceremony

Let me just start by saying I LOVE THE MOON!! I love love love the moon's energy. The full moon is my favorite, but then again I love that big energy. I mean, just look at the glory! I love feeling it run through everything in and on Gaia. The connectedness with living and "non-living" is palpable. But I digress and if you read my blog, you will know that's something I do often. ANYHOW!



The New Moon is here and can you feel that energy?! It's not a "WOW" energy for me, but more of a subtle energy that's starting to wake up. I am a big fan of this New Moon...so far.

Many people have asked me what my moon ceremonies look like and since I clearly don't mind talking, I'm happy to share how I celebrate and welcome in this energy. I will do another post on the Full Moon describing that ceremony closer to it.

New Moons are all about what you want to come into your life. You're planting seeds and trusting the Universe to tend them. Trusting the guidance and listening to your intuition gives the Universe more incentive to feed your seeds. Ask yourself what you want and if you're ready to take action to get you there. Is it really a road you want to go down, remembering that humanity is still in a learning phase, so trials, tests, and obstacles may be a part of that. Are you ready for the emotional toll? What about the social one, knowing that you may "lose" some and gain others? The New Moon asks us to consider all of that growth before we plant the seeds of intention.

When I suddenly look at my calendar and say, "Oh duh! It's the New Moon! No wonder I'm feeling like this," I take time to look over the past month and reflect. Do I still want what I asked for? Am I taking steps to get there? Am I following the guidance offered? Sometimes it's a "no", and that's  completely fine. Sometimes is an "OH HELL NO!" with a nervous giggle. I know you can relate.

After that mess errr...reflection, I gather what I'm called to, which means I stare at my cabinet of herbs, dried plants, sages, symbols, and other spiritual "stuff". Like serious stare. Like that kind of staring you do into the fridge when you're hungry but you don't know what you want and you're waiting for the perfect thing that will satisfy all your hunger with one bite. Yeah. Never happens for me either. I do, however, trust spirit to guide my hand while indulging my spiritual ADD. Ooooh, something shiny! I gather everything that calls to me, regardless of how much or how little it is. I set it on my favorite table in my favorite bowl. I sit down and I write myself a letter. I let it ALL out too. I talk to myself like I'm my best friend. I remind myself of how far I've come, how much I've grown, who I am, and what I want to see come into my life over the next few hours, weeks, days, months, and years. I allow it to come. When I'm through, I take a photo to remind myself because repetition breeds manifestation. If it's a nice night, I pray over the pieces and talk aloud to the moon, asking it to help the Universe hear me. I rip the pieces up, depending on how I feel, add my herbs, and light it all on fire. I fan the flames with my breath and hands, a reminder that it will take action on my part to feed these into manifestation. I watch and sit with it until everything has been reduced to ash, then I sprinkle it through my favorite garden, so I'll see it every day and remember. If the weather is rough, I still do this ceremony, but either on my concrete porch or in my kitchen sink. 

Now I know that this tends to go without saying, but the moon is distracting so please allow me to remind you not to ever leave an open flame or hot ashes unattended. Don't spread your ashes until they've cooled completely. Make sure your bowl is not flammable and if you do this inside, you take every precaution to not harm yourself, your living space, or others. Also, if you do this inside... remember that you have fire alarms. I've set off quite a few in my time lol. All of this is assuming my ceremony calls to you and you'd like to give it a try.

I sincerely hope you've enjoyed this blog post and it's helped you develop your own New Moon ceremony. If you like it enough to share it, I absolutely welcome that. Remember to message me for an appointment if you're a struggling sensitive.

Namaste, Love and Light, and don't burn your house down with your ceremony XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment