The Bridge Centers

The Bridge Centers
Empowering Empaths, Modern Meditation, Intuitive Sessions

Saturday, April 27, 2013

An Empathic Heart

There are some times when I get tired of being an empath. It can be so overwhelming and the emotions make me feel crazy. I wake up humming a song and feeling great, then BAM! I'm feeling angry or depressed or sad for no reason what so ever. Shopping and crowded places is usually out of the question because no matter how much I focus, someone else's frustration gets the better of me. I'm sure it's only a matter of strengthening my protection skills, but really my couch and the hermit lifestyle seem SO good sometimes. But other times, I see this for the gift it really is.

As I've said before, I'm a very spiritual person and it's just nature that spiritual, intuitive people are attracted to each other. In talking to an old friend from school who's deeply spiritual, I found myself gushing to him. I opened up to him and let my boundaries down. I even told him I'm an empath. This is something I reserve for the closest of friends because, let's face it, there are people who will think you're crazy. One such person recently told me to "grow up". (That was interesting.) But this friend is someone special. His exact words were "I'm not surprised.. You were a deep person.. Kind of someone who seemed protected by something larger than life." To be instantly accepted and respected was nothing short of amazing to me. I never expect to be believed, so I keep my cards close to my chest. I'm a skittish empath, what can I say? The conversation that ensued after was so good and deep and cleansing. I can't adequately put it into words. I left it feeling revitalized and glowing.

In life, we aren't always going to agree with people and as empaths, we see the good in just about everyone. We feel their pain and we know where it's coming from, so we empathize with them. We probably even want to heal them, even if they don't believe us. But it's real. It's an energy you can feel if you let go of your blocks and prejudices and hang ups and preconceptions to just live in the moment right then and there. I want to break past those barriers and help heal people from the inside out. I see their pain and imagine myself bathing them in white light while pulling away the dark spots from them. I imagine my white light turning their dark spots into positive energy made of light and love. I then return that positive, pure white light energy back to them. I only try this when I know my protections are firmly in place, my chakras are balanced, and I'm bathed in that beautiful white light of love. I know it can be dangerous, but I can't just let them suffer. It hurts me too much.

In light and love;
~A

1 comment: