The Bridge Centers

The Bridge Centers
Empowering Empaths, Modern Meditation, Intuitive Sessions

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Types of Empathic Gifts

There are several "types" of empaths. I really don't like that word though. The word "type", for me, implies that one is somehow better than the other. No one empath is better than another. It's simply a matter of developed gifts and self realization. We were born with gifts. We choose to develop them by walking in the white light and practicing stillness. On the flip side of this, we also choose to block our gifts, or certain aspects of them, because they are too scary or painful or we let our ego guide us. I've done a lot of research and spoke to other empaths with differently developed gifts than me. It seems there are 10 different gifts that can be developed. See which ones you have already as well as where you can develop. Please note that I have put them here in no particular order. As always, feel free to comment :).

Emotional Healer- This one seems to be the more popular among empaths and seems to come naturally. It's the gift of not only feeling another person's emotions, but healing them just by listening. People will feel the healing just by being with you. This is someone most of us have experienced, like when a stranger will unload their whole life on you. They leave feeling better and you're probably in a state of amused shock.

Nature Healer - This is why we love nature and need it. Ever wondered why the best way to ground yourself is to stand barefoot on the earth, spending time in nature, or being in water (especially salt water)? Well now you know. We are drawn to the earth and the earth calls to us. We understand, feel, and communicate with all aspects of nature.

Claircognizance -  Ever just know? You know what needs to happen next (no matter the situation), you know who's about to call, you know who's thinking of you, you know what song is coming on the radio.

Psychometry - Do you love antique shopping? Do you love old things, like fossils? Lots of empaths do. We feel the life and emotional energy of objects. Sometimes we know things about the object by being around them, but it's strongest when we touch it. We receive the energy of an object in the form of information and impressions. I once walked through an antique store with my mom and I brushed my hand along a table. I felt the love of the pieces by an older couple. I knew they had passed away and their son had sold all of their things to the store because he couldn't keep them and didn't want them. I looked around and could identify every single piece. It was like I was walking into their home, seeing everything in it's place.

Medium - Ever know there's a spirit there? See things out of the corner of your eye? Feel the need to tell someone something about a passed loved one? Throughout my life, I've always known there were spirits and that there was life after death, but only recently, when I accepted and developed my gifts, did I ever feel the presence and energy of a spirit not from my own family. It was a strange, but beautiful experience and my friend was very happy to receive the message from her mom.

Physical Healer - This is something I am afraid of because there are times where inexperienced healers can absorb the ailment into their own bodies. I want to heal, but I need to develop this one before I use it on anyone except my children. This gift is truly magnificent though. The ability to not only feel the physical ailments and physical feelings of others, but be able to heal them. Please don't try this without studying with an experienced healer.

Animal Healer - In this gift, healers can not only feel an animal's emotions, but hear and communicate with them. Ever meet those people who understand the subtleties of animal body language? Things so many people can't even see? How about when you see a lost animal and just know that they either need help or they're just fine on their own?

Geomancy or Earth Healer - I've also heard this referred to as an Earth Empath. This is where we feel the energies of the Earth and places. This is where we get a feeling about a place, be it bad or good. Ever not want to walk into a room/house/meadow/woods and can't explain why? Ever get a headache or feel anxiety for no reason just to find out there was an earthquake or other (un)natural disaster somewhere on the planet?

Telepathy - The ability to read people's thoughts is different from reading their emotions. This is the actual ability to know what their thoughts are. I personally believe this is more common in empaths than we think it is, but it feels like an invasion of privacy, so we block it. Often we'll get an impression of the thoughts though and we can decide to use those or keep them to ourselves.

Precognition - This is where we know something important is going to happen. We can feel excitement, anxiety, or even a sense of doom. This ability drives me crazy! I've always known when something important is about to happen, but what?! What's going to happen? This is something I'm working to develop strongly so I can at least differentiate between something big happening to me or someone else.

Know that we are all capable of developing and strengthening every single one of these gifts. Walk in the white light and let them guide you.

Still have questions? Want to learn more? Connect with me directly https://www.facebook.com/dayinthelifeofanempath Blog updates, inspirations, conversation, and news about Empath School and the courses available for download. Hope to see you there!

In light and love;
~A

2 comments:

  1. Andrea, I was told recently that I was an empath after I was given a Lemurian Seed Crystal. Some things are starting to connect. Can you tell if someone is through email or your blog? Can you feel people through your blog, email, phone call or can you just in person? Thank you for your blog. It has helped me to feel grounded!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome and thank you for commenting, Brianne. Usually I need to interact or watch the person interact for me to say with some level of certainty if they're an empath or not. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people who pretend or have convinced themselves they are or are not. I like to have an open, honest dialogue with people before determining. Something about the energy exchange lends to credibility. For me, it doesn't have to be in person. If you'd like, you can connect with me on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/dayinthelifeofanempath. Hope this helped. Namaste.
      ~A

      Delete