The Bridge Centers

The Bridge Centers
Empowering Empaths, Modern Meditation, Intuitive Sessions

Thursday, August 1, 2013

Term Confusion

I realized, in watching a conversation, that there's quite a bit of term confusion among the Empath community. I had commented on a conversation in which someone was feeling afraid, anxious, and doubtful in almost every activity she even thought of doing. My first thoughts were of ego and that she was being ruled by her ego. I've come to understand that the first thoughts to pop into my head are divine knowledge. It's when I stop and think about it, questioningly, that the answers are not of the divine knowledge. So, now I have learned to trust those "popping" thoughts that aren't always in my own voice. Anyhow, I left my wisdom and wished the person well. Another person doubted me and added the dictionary's definition of ego (their heart was in the right place so I didn't feel the need to argue). I found this interesting though. Empaths who have learned to trust their gifts and the divine knowledge know that things go so much further beyond traditional definitions and what we see, smell, taste, touch, and hear.

Another term I've seen confused is shielding. In our terms, it's a method of self protection using energy to keep unwanted emotions and energies away from us. The dictionary definition is so different and doesn't even touch on the various methods used. Doesn't mean the dictionary is wrong... just lacking. ;-)

So... take care when giving advice and in doing research to help develop your gifts. Everyone has their own way that has worked for them that may not work for you. Course, it may work spectacularly for you, but not work for your best empath friend. Take all the information you're soaking in, including what I say, with the proverbial grain of salt. That's not to say that there aren't things essential to being an empath because there are; i.e. shielding, ego work, being in nature, meditation, etc. But finding your own way is a major step in developing your gifts. Follow your empathic nature to never stop gathering information. I consider myself an experienced empath, but I would never assume I know it all. Always keep learning and reaching for more. Every day I learn something new and I never lose that feeling of childish wonderment, even if I'm wrong.

Still have questions? Want to learn more? Connect with me directly https://www.facebook.com/dayinthelifeofanempath Blog updates, inspirations, conversation, and news about Empath School and the courses available for download. Hope to see you there!

In light and love;
~A

No comments:

Post a Comment