The Bridge Centers

The Bridge Centers
Empowering Empaths, Modern Meditation, Intuitive Sessions

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Healthy Empaths

It's about time we talk about health for real isn't it? (I can hear you groaning. Suck it up soldier!) Healthy eating and regular exercise is just as important as grounding, shielding, and meditating. It will feed your soul while nourishing your body. Organic, whole foods are the way to go. Always avoid GMO products and processed foods as they tend to clog us and throw off and close our chakras. Avoid those processed sugars and replace them with agave or natural sugars in moderation. Let's face it, we have enough to deal with keeping up our shields, fitting in meditation, mindfulness, stillness, and grounding as it is without dealing with foods that undo everything we've just done! Plus, I've been experimenting with diet and exercise to see what does and doesn't work. Let's face it. Empaths tend to carry extra weight as a way to buffer the negative energies and keep them away from us. Not exactly the healthiest or effective way of doing that. Time to let that go.

Eating:
Most empaths prefer not to eat meat because we pick up on the residual energies the animal left behind. I like the taste of meat, but that rings true with me. I hate touching raw meat and I usually have to eat meat quickly without thinking about it. Before having children, I was a vegetarian for 4 years, something I'm phasing back to now that energies have shifted and my gifts have drastically strengthened and expanded. (Gotta love the headache that comes with that! Yippee!)
And empaths should eat lightly and about 6 small, balanced meals a day. Heavy meals make us tired and then down go the shields. You don't want that when you're trying to enjoy a night out! When eating out, try going for the lighter options. You'll feel better and be able to keep that shield strong. Balance is key.

Drinks:
Okay so I'll be the first to admit that I really love having a glass (or whatever) of wine on the weekends and with friends, even with some meals through the week. I do find that liquors bog me down and throw off my internal balance making it really hard to hold up a shield. Being tipsy (+) and not keeping up a shield doesn't make for a cute empath.
Water, water, water! Can't say it enough. Drop some citrus in it if you don't like plain water, but we really need it. Water helps us push out toxins and negative energies. Who doesn't like getting rid of negative energies? This girl does! For some reason, I've also found that milk doesn't help me at all. I feel all sticky and clogged up when I drink milk (energy speaking). I've switched my family to almond milk instead which seems to have lightened all of us up.
Sugary drinks, like soda, leaches the calcium out of your bones and lots of sugar throws off your balance. Best just to avoid it.

Exercise:
I will be the first to tell you how much I HATE aerobics and yes, I know how good they are for you. If you like running, jogging, and any other kind of aerobics then more power to you. I will say I do like riding my bike, but in nature only. Anyhow. Most empaths NEED some kind of yoga or pilates routine that they stick to at least 5 times a week. The slow, controlled movements balance us and allow us to slip into a meditative state. We all know how important meditation is! My favorite is the sun salutation. Check it out! It's fantastic and will leave you with a smile. If all else fails, take a nature walk or hike. The commune with nature will help you release negative energies while balancing and grounding you.

Sound off in the comments to share what has/hasn't worked for you!
Still have questions? Want to learn more? Connect with me directly https://www.facebook.com/dayinthelifeofanempath Blog updates, inspirations, conversation, and news about Empath School and the courses available for download. Hope to see you there!

In light and love;
~A

4 comments:

  1. LOL "suck it up soldier" - love it!
    For ages I've been complaining about how hard it is to be 'human'! All that practice everyday, whew (and now the list is longer, doh).
    I've been drinking filtered water for years and on the odd occasion when I have a 'soda' and I get a horrible chemical aftertaste. It amazes me to see people with their shopping trolleys filled with boxes of soda, not only is it a waste of money, but soooo bad for you. Oh well, to each their own I guess...
    Thanks for this blog, I'm close to inspired to get off the couch and exercise (tomorrow...hehehe)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jenny I love your comments. You crack me up! I think it's great you're ready to get off the couch. Try that nature walk or some yoga. I love all the positivity. Keep it up girl!
    ~A

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we're on the same wavelength ;) atleast when it comes to humour.
    I've been getting on my cross trainer or going for a walk as much as I can (and I do need it to burn off the excess adrenalin...I have thyroid issues..long story!). Still haven't tried out my new yoga dvd tho..
    Being in my cave does make it hard to keep that positivity. But group interaction (especially when you start up with the funnies) has made a great difference to my days (except I get so involved I run outta time to exercise!! doh).
    Thanks beautiful lady, it's such an honour to know you and to learn from you
    Namaste :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Spot on advice. The headache issue rings so true with me.

    I do not think alittle meat is bad. You need a balanced diet with alot of protein.

    Yes, a daily liter of filtered lemon water is the ticket.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete