The Bridge Centers

The Bridge Centers
Empowering Empaths, Modern Meditation, Intuitive Sessions

Thursday, June 27, 2013

I am an Empath

This is not usually what I lead with, but for the purpose of this post, it will suffice. In my life, I don't really want a lot of people to know that I'm an empath because I already know what their response will be; and really, that's okay. It's completely okay for others to not believe and I completely respect that right... except in the case of my husband. He has to live with me and since he loves me, he accepts everything about me (even the things that drive him nuts).

Now many will say I don't "come out" to people as an empath due to fear, but for me, it's out of respect for them and an unwillingness to allow myself to be swamped by negative reactions. I'm sure many have already figured it out from my Facebook interests. I have had 3 friends ask me about it (that's all). I love questions! Ask me questions! Ask me about empaths and the white light. Ask me what it's all about and I'll be happy to explain. But no, I'm not going to put myself out there vulnerable to criticism and attack particularly when I know it'll come. That's not to say I haven't told people, but I've used discretion and my intuition to decide with whom I discuss my life. My path isn't yours though and I think that's important. If you want to tell people, you go right ahead and you own it!

This is something I've seen my empath students struggle with; finding their own path using their gifts. I've also seen them struggle with who they do and do not tell. Honestly, it's up to you. As the empath school gets up and running, I know I'll be telling a lot more people. If they don't like it, that's their problem. I refuse to accept that rejection and own those feelings as if they're my own and I should be ashamed. I empower you to do what's right by you and not waste time trying to get blood from a stone. Some cords of attachment should be cut.

 
In light and love;
~A

5 comments:

  1. Hi there. I would like some advice and guidance from an empath, so that’s why I’m writing to you. I have a problem…. Emotionally I feel very little empathy for others. On an intellectual level I care about people and animals and want to make the world a better place. But on an emotional level I’m very self-centered. Aside from rare and fleeting moments – I don’t feel sad for the tragedies of others; I don’t feel angry at the injustices they endure; I don’t feel happy for their joys. Almost 100% of the emotions I experience are about my own ups and downs.

    How can I develop stronger empathy? I value empathy very much, but I have so little.

    If you can help me, I will be soooo grateful!

    Thank you for your time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello my dear and thank you for contacting me. There are so many things you can do to develop empathy for others, but it all starts with intent and will. It's about opening yourself up to it and allowing it in. It does take practice, so don't get too discouraged if you can't do it right away. You can put yourself in their place completely and allow yourself to feel how you would feel if you were going through what they are. Imagine yourself going through that or a time when you went through something like that. What you feel on your own level is what they feel, but on their own level as well.
      To support this, you can use reiki, orange light meditation, and concentrate on your orange chakra while meditating (if you do that). Intend to open up to the emotions of others. If you're open to it, you can ask spirit to help you. With that, you have to be willing to listen quietly and trust the instinct that comes through.
      I wish you only the best of luck.
      In light and love;
      ~A

      Delete
  2. thank you for your advice! i will try the things you suggested.

    one question, why is the orange chakra the key chakra here? i looked it up, and that's the sacral chakra in the lower tummy, i thought it would be the heart chakra for empathy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome. Orange opens and balances the emotions, including how we empathize with other people. The heart chakra is for unconditional love for others and ourselves. From what I understood, your problem wasn't regarding not being able to love yourself or others, but with understanding and empathizing with their emotions. A full chakra meditation is a good idea too. Great question! Hope it helps!
      In light and love;
      ~A

      Delete
  3. I am so happy to meet people like you. I am an empath and I desire as you desire... The earth is very hungry for love... She needs love....I hope empathic people may continue to flourish..

    ReplyDelete