The Bridge Centers

The Bridge Centers
Empowering Empaths, Modern Meditation, Intuitive Sessions

Wednesday, June 5, 2013

When we spiral

Let's face it, as empaths we tend to spiral. And not only do we spiral, we create whirlpools that, in turn, create tsunamis! Just by trying to be a good friend, we absorb the negative emotions and long after our friend has let them go, we dwell on them.

Last night, I had to run to my happy place(s); two deep friends who happen to be empaths as well. In their own way, they both brought me back up by reminding me of what matters. What matters is taking care of yourself first. Yes, we want to help everyone and everything. We're obsessed with it. But who can we help if we're broken? Last night, I was broken.

I convinced myself I had made all of this up. I felt like a fake and a fraud and a total loser. I thank God every single day for these two beautiful women who helped me realize the feelings weren't mine to own. One friend's exact quote was "Just because you have doubts doesn't mean it isn't true. Likewise, just because you believe it's true doesn't mean it really is. Maybe you just need to take a step back, take a few deep breaths, and see what the universe tells you." And she was right. It made all the difference in the world. I stepped back, took 5 deep breaths, and practiced what I preached. Mindfulness was the way to go. I was able to see things from that outside perspective I speak so much of and desperately needed. That's the problem with the spiral.

While we're in the spiral, we're debilitated. We're stuck in a dark room hearing the voices of doubt over and over and over again. Remind yourself to stop, step back, take a few deep breaths, and see what the universe has to tell you. You just might wake up the next morning in mid conversation with your spirit guides and higher self like I did and feel absolutely amazing! Today was the first day in weeks I woke up ready to face the day. Excited and happy and full of energy. I am happy, healthy, wealthy, wonderful, and wise. And so it is!

In light and love;
~A

Picture courtesy of:

http://fradelbarber.me/
 

No comments:

Post a Comment