The Bridge Centers

The Bridge Centers
Empowering Empaths, Modern Meditation, Intuitive Sessions

Thursday, May 2, 2013

A Hell of a Day

Ever have one of those days where you just can't turn off no matter how hard you try? It's been one of those days for me. I couldn't even meditate today. Everything and nothing was a distraction. I felt everything and nothing so deeply today, it felt as if it speared my soul. Honestly, I should be used to this by now. It's always like this whenever I'm faced with a large change that I'm forced to just accept. I'm stuck feeling everything, but able to do nothing. I know what it's like to be in a padded cell after today; except mine was in my mind.

As if by coincidence (but we all know there's no such thing as coincidence; it's all part of the divine plan) my psychic friend shared an article with me. It's called "How to Turn Off Overactive Empathy" and is geared toward people like us (the lucky empaths). In the article, Anna Sayce says there are three steps to overcoming overactive empathy and really, I'm kicking myself for not reading this the moment my friend shared it with me.

The first step is to center yourself. This should really be our number one tool in our box of tricks. It involves turning off our empathy in the moment. Trust me. I know how hard it is to do this and I still struggle with it. But really, doesn't she have a very valid point? Shouldn't we learn to shut it off, even in the most emotional moments? The only way I know how to do this is to remind myself that all is well, all is perfect, all is as it should be. For some reason, that brings me great comfort.

The second step in Anna Sayce's article is to be aware of what triggers us and to raise our awareness of those situations. Many of you might be saying, "Duh!" but really, it is a challenge and more often then not, my triggers cannot be avoided. In saying that, it's always good to identify a weakness and use your strengths to overcome them. For me, I know a huge trigger is my husband. I feel off of his emotions like oxygen. I can't avoid my husband, but I can learn that I need to center myself around him, particularly when he's dealing with work and life stresses.

The third step in Anna Sayce's article is to move from unconscious empathy to conscious choice. This is something I very much need to work on and I fully believe it would help all of us. Basically, we need to learn why we may not be turning our empathy off and that involves overcoming our egos. Our ego is that limiting voice in the back of our minds that say we can't do it and cause us to limit and doubt ourselves. My ego needs to learn to sit down and shut up! For so long, I doubted myself and thought I was making all of this up on my head. If I let it, I'd talk myself right out of this and assume the entire human race communes with nature, picks up on other people's thoughts, knows how others are feeling, etc, etc.

Just remember, it's all about energy. We are responsible for how we manage our energy and that extends to our empathic gifts. Let that ego go. Remove all limiting thoughts. Stop doubting yourself and letting limits. If you don't want to feel it, will it to be that way. I'm going to work on this and I think you should too. Let me know in the comments how you're overcoming your limiting thoughts. I appreciate all the time people around the world are taking to read this blog. I sincerely hope it's helping you. I know it's helping me.

In light and love:
~A

Anna Sayce's full article is available at: http://www.psychicbutsane.com/empathy/how-to-turn-off-overactive-empathy

No comments:

Post a Comment