The Bridge Centers

The Bridge Centers
Empowering Empaths, Modern Meditation, Intuitive Sessions

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Why do I Have to do This?

I get this question a lot and I've asked it a lot in my journey as well. I'm going to try to answer a few "whys" that I've had, as well as a few the people I mentor have had.

Why do I have to meditate?
The short answer? Because it's good for you, body and spirit. Meditation is key to developing your spiritual awareness. Regular creates an organized, calm mind, reduces ego influences, and increases inner balance (mental and spiritual). Many who meditate report a calmer demeanor in everyday life as well as stressful situations. Meditation helps with pain (acute and chronic) and also helps reduce many medical problems, like hypertension. Spiritually speaking, you thrive from meditation because it helps open links between your subconscious, third eye, and your connection to God the Creator (again, put in your own deity for your own comfort level). You will find your dreams become more vivid and intuitive as well as an improvement in  your perceptions.

Why do I have to ignore my ego?
The ego is fear and doubt. Do you really want to live with fear and doubt? I know I don't. By identifying the difference between my ego's thoughts and my thoughts, I've become a much happier person and my life has really opened up. I was always spiritual and sensitive, but wow... I can honestly say something amazing happens daily. Now that is a good life! But I digress...again. When you listen to your ego and accept those thoughts as your own, you close yourself off to your spiritual connection. This hurts, whether you realize it or not. We're all light beings and we're supposed to be close to God. It feels better when we do. There's two schools of thought that I put stock in. The first is to embrace your ego and bring it closer to God. The second is to ignore it all together and soon it will quiet. (Basically I tell mine to sit down and shut the f*%& up.) The ego will fight you to varying degrees with whichever path you choose, so use all your light tools and listen to your inner knowing light being.

Why do I have to put up a shield?
Because accepting other people's emotions can suck that's why! I don't want to spend time on negative emotions that are mine, let alone someone else's. I'm all about healing, but really I'm one person. I can't take on all that negativity, but I like shopping! So really, my choice is suck up other's emotions or to protect myself from feeling them in the first place. No brainer right!

Why do I have to ground myself?
Because negative emotions like to stick around and sometimes, they can get through a weakness in even the strongest of shields. The earth is SO amazing! When your feet touch the earth, it pulls away all that negative energy and turns it into healing, positive energy that can't hurt anyone anymore. Just imagine how all that positive energy could change the earth and the people of it! If you're still asking why please refer to my answer about shielding yourself.

Do I have to heal people?
Well no, but that's a little selfish and goes against the point doesn't it? I get that many empaths have withdrawn and tend to see the negative side of humanity first, but now that you know what you are (and I assuming you do because you're reading this) you can heal yourself first. After all, we can't heal anyone if we aren't at our optimum level. I do not recommend healing anyone until you have fully accepted your gifts and understand how to cleanse yourself of the ailments you take in to yourself. It's risky. Don't fool yourself into thinking healing is super easy. It takes a lot of will power, light, love, and energy.

Don't hesitate to contact me in the comments if you have questions or topics you'd like me to address.

In light and love;
~A

No comments:

Post a Comment